HuskerCard1-01.jpg

FOLLOW US HERE: 

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

© 2019 North Texas Nebraskans

NTN Watch Sites

Flips Patio Grill

6613 Fossil Bluff Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76137

Buffalo  Wild Wings

3320 E. Hebron Pkwy #100
Carrollton, TX 75010

Vitty's Sports Bar

1402 Justin Road (FM 407)
Lewisville, TX 75077
5319 E. Mockingbird Ln #100
Dallas, TX 75206

Old Chicago

The History

Harold "Doc" Mattson became president of the North Texas Association in 1947. Through his contacts with the University alumni office, Doc obtained a list of 1,500 to 2,000 alumni in the DFW area. This list helped Doc organize a group of 25 to 50 people who, under his leadership and direction, were able to dramatically increase membership in the association. Eventually, functions began drawing as many as 200 Nebraska alumni.

 

The North Texas Association stepped up to the plate and made the Foundation its primary benefactor of fundraising. The University Foundation used the monies raised from all sources to fund student loans and scholarship to the University. The North Texas Association also established its own scholarship fund, which still exists today.